Open a New Zone for Large Object
This is the type of zone you should use for your large files which are larger than 1MB. If you have a file which fits into this description you need to follow the instructions in this article to open a new zone, or test the one you already have.
In this article we will talk about:
- What’s the difference between Origin Pull and Push Zone?
- How can you open a new large zone for your objects.
- How can you test your large zone.
There are two options for serving the files. In the first option, namely “Storage (Origin Push)”, data is pushed to Medianova Storage via FTP, SFTP or STOOK service and then served to end-users. In the other option, “Origin Pull”, files are copied via HTTP from the origin servers and served to the end-users. After that, the contents are distributed to web servers and served. Data is served to end-users through a URL in the form of your-zone-p.mncdn.com.
Large zone is suitable for files like video, music, zip, exe files.
Such files extensions are: gif | jpg | jpeg | png | bmp | swf | psd | tif | tiff | txt | html | jsp | js | css | ico | aspx | php | woff | ttf | eot | otf | htm | xml | pdf | psb | ashx | swz | cur | svg | jpr
- Log into Medianova CDN panel from https://panel.medianova.com/login and enter user information.
- When you are logged in, you will see the menu on the left side of your screen. Click on “Zones”.
- Then click “New Zone” button on the next screen.
- Select “Large” from the new zone tab. Then the source of the objects to be served is determined. Click either on “Origin Pull” or “Storage” button on the screen. If you want to store your files in Medianova Storage and serve from there, click “Storage” button. If you want to keep your files on your own servers and want Medianova to serve them by copying them over HTTP, you can click “Origin Pull”. If you have selected your zone type as ORIGIN-PULL.
- If you have selected your zone type as “Origin Pull”;
- Enter the zone name, which will also be your service address (e.g. zonename.mncdn.com).
- Enter your origin server URL which contains your files and make sure that the origin server URL you provided is reachable,
- Enter descriptive information for your zone,
- Click the “Create” button.
- If you have selected your zone type as “Storage (Push)”
- Enter the zone name, which will also be your service address (e.g., zonename.mncdn.com).
- Enter the FTP / SFTP password you will be using for connection,
- Enter descriptive information for your zone
- Click the “Create” button.
If you selected “Origin Pull” type after creating your zone;
- Make a request for a file which is located in your origin server (e.g., https://youroriginurl.com/file.mp4) via your browser. (An example request: http(s)://yourzonename.mncdn.com/file.mp4)
If you selected “Storage (Push)” type after creating your zone;
- After creating the ZONE , you need learn the FTP username to connect to ftp.mncdn.com:2222 and upload file. Follow the steps below to learn the user name.
- From the menu on the left side of the screen, click on the “Zones” tab.
- Then click “Overview” in the drop-down list under the “Manage” tab next to your ZONE.
- Then you can learn your FTP username from the next screen.
- Connect to ftp.mncdn.com with an FTP tool and upload your file.
- Make a request for your file http (s)://yourzone.mncdn.com/uploadedfile.mp4 from your browser.