This is the type of account opened for accounts with a large file size. There are two options for serving the files. In the first option, namely “Storage (Origin Push)”, data is pushed to Medianova Storage via FTP, SFTP or STOOK service and then served to end-users. In the other option, “Origin Pull”, files are copied via HTTP from the origin servers and served to the end-users. After that, the contents are distributed to web servers and served. Data is served to end-users through a URL in the form of your-account-p.mncdn.com.
Large Account is suitable for files like video, music, zip, exe files.
Such files extensions are: gif | jpg | jpeg | png | bmp | swf | psd | tif | tiff | txt | html | jsp | js | css | ico | aspx | php | woff | ttf | eot | otf | htm | xml | pdf | psb | ashx | swz | cur | svg | jpr
Opening a Large Account
- Log into Medianova CDN panel from https://panel.medianova.com/login and enter user information.
- When you are logged in, you will see the menu on the left side of your screen. Click on “Zones”.
- Then click “New Zone” button on the next screen.
- Select “Large” from the new zone tab. Then the source of the objects to be served is determined. Click either on “Origin Pull” or “Storage” button on the screen. If you want to store your files in Medianova Storage and serve from there, click “Storage” button. If you want to keep your files on your own servers and want Medianova to serve them by copying them over HTTP, you can click “Origin Pull”. If you have selected your account type as ORIGIN-PULL.
- If you have selected your account type as “Origin Pull”;
- Enter the account name, which will also be your service address (e.g. accountname.mncdn.com).
- Enter your origin server URL which contains your files and make sure that the origin server URL you provided is reachable,
- Enter descriptive information for your account,
- Click the “Create” button.
- If you have selected your account type as “Storage (Origin Push)”
- Enter the account name, which will also be your service address (e.g., accountname.mncdn.com).
- Enter the FTP / SFTP password you will be using for connection,
- Enter descriptive information for your account
- Click the “Create” button.
- Testing Your Account
If you selected “Origin Pull” type after creating your account;
- Make a request for a file which is located in your origin server (e.g., https://youroriginurl.com/file.mp4) via your browser. (An example request: http(s)://youraccountname.mncdn.com/file.mp4)
If you selected “Storage (Origin Push)” type after creating your account;
- After creating the ZONE account, you need learn the FTP username to connect to ftp.mncdn.com:2222 and upload file. Follow the steps below to learn the user name.
- From the menu on the left side of the screen, click on the “Zones” tab.
- Then click “Overview” in the drop-down list under the “Manage” tab next to your ZONE account.
- Then you can learn your FTP username from the next screen.