Geo-Blocking allows you to control which countries can directly access your content. You can restrict the countries you choose from the list by dragging them to the whitelist and blacklist boxes. You can also define certain IP addresses to be in the whitelist and blacklist from the IP Restriction section.
While geo-blocking is often used as a blocking tool due to copyrights and licenses, it can also be used to enforce different pricing policies for end-users. Another common use is to prevent malicious traffic and illegal applications such as gambling and betting on the internet.
Using this article, you can make your geo-blocking definitions on the Medianova Cloud Panel, where you log in with your user name and password.
- You can access Medianova Cloud panel by logging in with your username and password at cloud.medianova.com.
- You can reach the Geoblocking setting by clicking on the CDN Resource you want to edit by following the CDN > CDN Resources path on the left side of the panel and navigating to the Security tab.
- After activating this feature by clicking the button on the right, you can carry out the operation by moving the countries you want from the country list on the left to the whitelist or blacklist pane.
- Afterwards, you can update your whitelist and blacklists according to your needs.
- You can also perform the same operation over IPs from the IP Restriction section at the bottom of the page.